Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Current Hair Regimen/Products

I haven't updated you guys on my hair in awhile. So, my staple item is now Kinky Curly Curling Custard. I use it every week. So here is my new staple products:

Shampoo(s): Kinky Curly Come Clean Shampoo (new fav, smells amazing)
                    Carol's Daughter's Tui Herbal Shampoo (old staple, hasn't let me down yet)
*I shampoo more than I used to; like 2-3 times a month because I used the KCCC).

Conditioner(s): Kinky Curly Knot Today (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I thought it was an overhyped product until I used it).
                      Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (do I need to explain how wonderful my dry hair feels after I cowash with this?
                     Herbal Essences Totally Twisted (I feel in love with this conditioner because its for curly hair, it works just as well as the Hello Hydration and it smells amazing!)

Deep Conditioner Treatment(s): Henna: OMGosh!!!!I love this. Henna has made my hair so much stronger. I do have to admit my curl pattern isn't as tight as it used to be, so I cut down to deep treatments every two weeks with henna as opposed to every week.
                                                 Brahmi Ayurvedi Herb: I mix my Brahmi with Olive Oil or Coconut Oil and leave it in overnight. My curls are so defined and ready to pop as soon as I wash it out.

Oils: Jojoba Oil
       Apricot Kernel Oil
       Grapeseed Oil (makes my curls pop!)
       Castor Oil (at night before I go to sleep)
       Olive Oil (use with my conditioning treatments)

Moisturizers: Water (lol, no seriously.)
                     Lush R&B (can't fail, never fails)
                     Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie (it doesn't really "enhance" the curl, it moisturizes it).
                     Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream (Godsend! I mix it with the balm)
                     Qhemet Biologics Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm (great by itself, but amazing with the heavy cream).


So I'm back to 1 month of growth and I promise myself I won't cop out and cut my hair anymore. So I will be updating you guys more about my natural hair journey and giving reviews on some products for the girls like me who have chronic dry hair. Be blessed!