Thursday, June 16, 2011

Great Workout TODAY!!

Sometimes I say let you take a break from YOU! Not for too long and not overboard, all the while knowing this is not reality…. I was really good on Friday. Then on Sat. night had a wedding I was conscience about what I was putting in my mouth the whole time, but let myself not worry too much.

I let myself have that 1 (only 1) little melted delicious brie cheese on a wheat cracker appetizer. Other normal food, yeah so I went over my calories for the day, but you know what I didn’t feel guilty or bad. I also let myself have some of the dessert. Then they were handing out amazing candy bags to every table (FYI- candy one of my BIG weaknesses - I’ve got a bad bad candy sweet tooth) I SAID NO! :) it’s all about making choices and not going overboard. I’m back on track again and going to go harder than before.

Sometimes it takes that mini vacation to light your fire again. :) Here’s to a great week everyone!!!



MORNING

2 granny smith apples with cinnamon 160 cal.
1 string cheese stick 80 cal.
1 pita with roasted red pepper hummus 100 cal.
1 Chocolate Raspberry Mouse Yogurt 160 cal.

NOON
1 string cheese stick 80 cal.
1 chicken, lettuce, and pepper sandwich 300 cal.

NIGHT
1 Bag Kettle Corn 80 cal.
Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs 500 cal. 

TOTAL:
1460

WATER:

8 Cups

I’m getting up to the amount of calories I should be eating in a day, but after eating so little for so long, I’m starting to freak out about it. I’m worried I’ll gain all the weight I lost back, even though I’m eating so much better. I’ve just got to keep at it. 

So, after my mishap with boiling water two weekends ago, I haven’t been able to exercise....

Getting sexy boots that I can actually zip up. 

FTW. 



It’s the Apples & Oranges Cake Recipe!

This is the applesauce-based cake I’ve been writing about!  Okay, so the cake won’t look like that, but you’ll be alright with that difference in the end.  Trust me.
(Also, you can use whatever kind of cake you want.  Flavor-wise, yellow works best.  I used a sugar-free variety from Pillsbury, which cuts out about 10g of sugar per serving.) 

WHAT YOU’LL NEED:

FROSTING:

  • 5.5 oz sugar free vanilla frosting (which is about 1.25 cups or so, but I just used a kitchen scale.  So 5.5oz)
  • 3.5 oz fat free cream cheese
  • 1/2 tbsp orange zest 
  • The tiniest drop of orange flavoring. (A little goes a LONG way.  Try to pour as little as you can, and you’ll be fine)

CAKE:

  • 1 box sugar free yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup water

WHAT TO DO:

FROSTING:

  1. In a small-medium bowl, blend together cream cheese and frosting with a hand mixer until uniform, about a minute on medium speed.
  2. Blend in orange zest & flavor and continue to mix until zest is visibly evenly dispersed through frosting.
  3. Chill this in your fridge until ready to frost.

CAKE:

  1. Set oven to 350F
  2. Blend together cake mix, apple sauce and water with that hand mixer until evenly mixed.
  3. Coat a baking pan of your choice with non-stick spray.  (I used a huge pan so I could get lots of slices out of a really shallow cake.  I don’t know the dimensions, but it was definitely bigger than 13”x9”.  I’d go for a pan you can get more slices out of like that, but what you use is up to you.  Keep in mind, more slices = less calories and such per slice, but just as satisfying.)
  4. Pour batter into pan and pop in the oven, following the baking time instructions from the cake box for your pan of choice.  I baked my huge pan of cake for 15 minutes, turn, 15 more minutes.
  5. Once fully cooked & out of the oven, allow the cake to cool to a reasonable temperature before frosting it.
  6. Frost it.
  7. Cut it.
  8. Eat it.

I did have a little bit of difficulty with the cake sticking to my knife when I was cutting it, just because the cake is so moist.  But if that happens to you, simply clean off the knife between each cut and you should be fine.  It’ll be worth it!

(NUTRITIONAL FACTS, for 1/24 recipe:  89 calories, 3g fat, 20g carbs, 1g sugar, 1g fiber, 1g protein)

And I wasted 6 points on it.

That is all.



i love the feeling of having to piece another hole into my leather belt to make it smaller.

so good.

I basically got my butt on my normal crossramp like i typically do.. but today i played with the buttons!!

Instead of staying at one incline and one speed and one resistance the whole time.. I went from my normal incline (9) up to the top (16) and I got my resistance to 6 instead of staying at 2.. and i would go super fast for a couple minutes at a time!!

I typically burn about 300cals.. Today I burnt 540Cals!!!!

I WAS SUPER EXCITED AND MY LEGS ARE WORE OUT!

My low weight is still 205.2 but i have a feeling im gonna break that tomorrow!!!