Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I've Been Listening To

I haven't posted a playlist in ages and I have so many new songs and bands that I am always sharing with friends so I want to share with you guys. So here's the list of Top 10:


1. Hillsong United- Search My Heart
I love this song because of the request it makes. To ask God to search your heart is such a bold move; you know He will find things in you that are unclean and He will do something about it. But to be so in love with God that you want Him to do whatever it takes is my desire.

2. Marie Digby- Unfold
Marie Digby is a secular singer but I love the message of her song. She's aware that she's protected herself and built a wall so no one can see the real her and she's going to do something about it. It's an amazing song that I had to download after I heard it on my Brooke Fraser Pandora. It's become one of my empowering songs; to just unfold and be open without caring.

3. Worth Dying For- Through Your Eyes
Another amazing song from band Worth Dying For. The title alone lets you know that th song will be great. I love their sound and their lyrics.
4. Matt Redman- You Never Let Go
This song......I can't explain how much I am moved by it. I first heard the song during worship at Village Vespers and I knew I had to find out who sang it! My favorite part is the chorus: "Oh no, You never let go, through the calm and through the storm. Oh no, You never let go, through every high and every low. Oh no You never let go. Lord, You never let go out me."

5. Switchfoot- Hello Hurricane
You know those songs that have you ready the dance around in the streets smiling and looking like an idiot? This is definitely it! Hello Hurricane which is their title track is an amazing song that declares that no matter what comes my way, my love for God will not be weakened, or changed! Did I also mention that I love Switchfoot? No, well I love Switchfoot!!!!

6. Nate Fowler- Alive
Mr. Fowler has been on my radar since I heard his songs "I'm On My Way" and "Hurricane". This song ended up on replay as song as I downloaded it yesterday. All I can say is awesome.

7. Tye Tribbet- All For You
It's a perfect party song. It's praises God and makes sure you have a good time as well. I have to say I'm not a gospel fan but Tye Tribbet always finds a way to have me singing his songs, lol.

8. Know Hope Collective- Attention
Know Hope Collective is Mark Stuart and Will McGinniss from Audio Adrenaline. The song is different from their old sound but the song is beautiful. It tells God to speak to them because He has their attention. In this day an age its a challenge to just silence everything and let God speak to our hearts.

9. Switchfoot- Free
Hello!!!! It's Switchfoot, should I have to explain that Jon Foreman writes the most amazing, vivid lyrics that grab you right to your core and you find yourself wondering why you never thought to describe it like that....sorry, random outburst. I just love this song, amongst all of their songs, lol.

10. Burlap to Cashmere- Build A Wall
Burlap to Cashmere is back!!!!!! I LOVE this song! It still has the amazing song that is Burlap to Cashmere but you can hear that they have grown and matured the sound. I was so upset I missed their concert, but this song makes me sure I won't miss the next.


So, that's my list. Be blessed.