Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Liya, Liya, Liya!!!- The New Face of L'Oreal

My favorite model of all time has to be Liya Kebede. She is such a beautiful and elegant model. I can't begin to say how much I love her!!! So, imagine my surprise and joy when I found out that she will be the new face of L'Oreal!!!! Yay!!!! Most of my fashion magazines I own is because Liya is in them. I had her on my wall, as a screen saver, smh. It was bad. But she was my reminder that I can be beautiful and be black. In the midst of all the same models, Liya used to walk down the runways with a smirk and still look regal.....That being said, spokesmodel will be just another hat to add to her growing collection: Designer for Lemlem, Actress (Desert Rose, The Good Shepherd,Lord of War), Ambassador (World Health Organization) for Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health, Writer (The Huffington Post), and Founder (The Liya Kebede Foundation)! They picked an amazing spokeswoman who has a heart for the innocent.