Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Running hard or hardly running?

That run was hard. Not really hard, not as hard as some I’ve done before, but harder than I was expecting it to be. Especially because it was just treadmill intervals of 3:00/2:00 and 2:00/3:00 at incline of 3-4. So the longest period I was actually running was three minutes! That’s so weak for me! It’s nothing compared to the 10:00 or the 20:00 I held out last week.

Part was my lack of running over the last few days, but that’s a pretty drastic drop in stamina for me. My allergies aren’t that bad really, but I did have a lot of congestion or something going on today and I had to keep clearing my throat, most of the time I couldn’t get it clear enough. I normally bulk up on water before and after running rather than during, but I’ll bring water next time to help with this.

I’ve also been coughing a lot more than usual over the last week or two. Which is an odd coincidence with the fact that this past weekend I got the notice saying that I have to go have my follow-up TB test since I was exposed a few months ago. I’m getting tired of all these TB tests though, I mean it’s only three so far but I’ll have to get one when I get back from Europe in December too. Oh well. So long as I don’t have it. :P

BUT all that aside, all I can do is run again tomorrow and hope it’s better than today.

Now I’m going to go swim, or something. :P