Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Top 10 Fav Songs- March 2009

Lately there have been some songs constantly on my replay list. Some are old, while some are fairly new. Here they go:

1. Beautiful Love- The Afters
I am a sap for this song. I have never heard a Christian love song that makes me want to play it over and over without feeling mushy. Everytime I hear it, it brings a smile to my face.

2. Miracle- The Elms
This song reminds me of the old school rock music that makes you want to go to their concert with and get the band tees. The song is such a simple concept that speaks volumes.


3. Decode- Paramore
Don't really need a reason for why they're on my playlist. It's Paramore, I love this band! The song makes me think over my past relationship every time I hear it but the song overall is hot. It's also on the Twilight Soundtrack (personally picked by Stephenie Moore).

4. I Need You- Jars of Clay
If you NEVER heard this song before, you need to! I absolutely love it! It's so catchy and it's a declaration that we need Jesus as our Lord and Savior in our life.

5. All I Need (Acoustic)- Bethany Dillon
This song is amazing. I can't really find the words to describe it. The song says everything we need to say to the Lord; in the midst of everything, when we are alone, He's all we need.

6. Say the Words (Now)- DC Talk
If a DC Talk song wasn't on my list, I would be shocked. The band is aweome! This song is aweome! It could just be my opinion because I am a die-hard DC Talk fan! They need to do a reunion tour ASAP! The song talks about saying "I love you" when you need to say it.

7. In Such A State- Edison Glass
They're one of the new bands I just discovered. They sound like Christian Power Rock. This song is another one of those songs that just express where we are and where we need Him to be: in our hearts.

8. Opposite Way- Leeland
Leeland is one of my favorite worship bands. They actually minister to you in song. They have a way of making you want to go into worship when listening to them. This song makes you feel empowered about being set apart, for going in the opposite direction then the world.

9. Something to Say- Matthew West
This is one of the coolest songs I have heard in a long time. It makes me think of "Live Out Loud" by Steven Curtis Chapman. Everytime I hear this song I feel like climbing to the top of a roof to scream something; anything.

10. Alive- P.O.D.
This is a personal song for me. After I survived a traumatic experience, this became my theme song. You don't realize how alive you feel until something happens and puts everything into perspective.

Let's see what will be my soundtrack for next month.