Monday, March 16, 2009

Dance!

For the past couple of months I have been like a kid counting down the days to Christmas. I am eagerly looking forward to the Ballet Intensive I will be doing for a week in July. It will be like school (10am-4pm) dancing all day. My body will ache, but I will love every minute of it! Did I mention that I love to dance? Lol. I love dance since the first Christmas I saw "The Nutcracker". The obsession grew as I became exposed to Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers, Gregory Hines and the movie "Center Stage". Everytime I hear a song, I automatically come up with the choreography to go with it. I remember the first song I created a dance to was "Keep the Candle Burning" by Point of Grace. I had my brother, sister, and cousins dancing. It was hilarious! Thank God no one filmed it, I would have burned the tape. But I digress, I was called into the dance ministry at a young age and took it over before I finished high school. I remember when we did the first dance with me leading the ministry. It was to the song "Come Worship the Lord" by Darwin Hobbs. I was so scared, smh. I can truly say that the Lord has brought me a mighty long way. I still get butterflies in my stomach before I dance but now it feels more like an adernaline rush; when you know the Lord has called you for a particular ministry wouldn't you be excited? When I started taking Ballet last year it was so much work but it was also so much fun. I love every minute of it and constantly think about what I will learn in the next class. Maybe I will become good enough to join a company, lol. You never know; with God ALL things are possible.