Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Only We Have to Fear is Fear Itself

I totally disagree with that statement. Hear me out. As Christians, we shouldn't fear anything or anyone but the Lord. And the fear that we have towards Him is a respect and admiration of who He is and what He can do. I only thought about that quote today because my cousin came to me with a business proposal for my gown line. I love making gowns and everyone thinks I am very talented. I also have a weird obsession with fabrics (lol), but I think the thing that scares me the most is failing. I think I am slowing myself down with stupid questions like: "am I good enough? Would I be creative enough to make it past 5 years?" Blah, blah, blah. I know that this is a stepping stone. If I fail, I fail; but at least I can say I tried. So now I am going to try. I also know that there's life and death in my tongue. So I speak life, creativity, business savy, success, Godly direction into my business. Now, I'm ready to go.