Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Weekend's Over

Tomorrow's Monday :-( I could try and say I am looking forward to another week of routine but I would be lying, and what's the saying again? Tell the truth and shame the devil? Lol. I have been working overtime with the various departments at my church. I was at church all day yesterday because of prayer, choir rehearsal, and meetings. Same thing for today, we had two services (first Sundays is youth service) and a meeting in between. I took a nap as soon as I found out I wasn't needed for the next 20 minutes (lol). I thank God for all He has done, it has been am interesting year so far, this is our year of birthing. The gifts, dreams, ministries that God has placed in us will be brought forth this year! I am so excited!
Moving in another direction, I received a phone call from a friend from my past. This wouldn't be a big deal but for the past couple of months that's all that has been happening. I received phone calls from ex-boyfriends, old flames, ex-crushes, etc. and they all want the same thing: another shot with me. My cousin says that's because who God has for me is near and these are just distractions. At first I just brushed it off but then my ex called after months of silence to see what was going on with me and asked if I wouldn't mind seeing him again. I know, that was my reaction too since mind you we broke up a little over a year ago and he just hit his one year anniversary with his current girlfriend (I kid you not). I told him I am fine it would be highly inappropriate to hang out, plus what would it accomplish? I think its funny because I just finished talking about him a couple of days ago and look. I think it's a test, to see if he still has that effect on me, and I finally passed. Where's my prize? Lol.