Friday, April 3, 2009

Share Your Story

We decided to change up our usual Friday Night Youth Service and had a guest speaker from a church we fellowship with: Sheperd's House Open Bible Church. The topic was faith. He began to share his testimony about how he waited and went through for his mate. The funny thing is that I knew his story because we became friends in the midst of it, but for him to share his story with a group of people that didn't know him that well encouraged me. It seems these days the Lord is going about pairing up the Youth in the old school/biblical way. The Lord has been sending prophecies, dreams, word confirmation, etc. to show us who HE has for us. The thing is there's a ministry in each marriage, but that is how it's supposed to be. I remember being told that marriage itself is a ministry and it also represents the relationship between Christ and His bride: the church. When I think about it from that point it totally blows my mind! It's just another way to represent Christ to the world. Isn't that amazing? Your future spouse/ or current one is a living example....but I digress, I remember a while back that I told the Youth that it's our job to share our stories. We don't know who we are helping when we talk about where we've been and what we've been through.