Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Top 10 Fav Songs- April 2009

Now with all my talk of Brooke Fraser, you know she will have at least 5 songs on my list, lol. But I love to share what I call my life soundtrack; it you a better idea of what I have been thinking and mediating on during the month.

1. Albertine, Shadowfeet, Love Is Waiting, Lifeline, Honest- Brooke Fraser
Albertine- is a story about Rwanda; it is such a moving song and makes you want to make a difference in the world.
Shadowfeet- is about staying in Jesus in the midst of it all. I listened to this song practically 3 times a day! I love that confidence in knowing that no matter what we are standing on the firm foundation that is Christ Jesus.
Love Is Waiting- This song is an encouraging song for me because it tells you not to rush love; its waiting on you for the perfect time and season. It will be amazing and worth the wait.
Lifeline- I was at a point when I was feeling the tug of separation between me and the Lord. I felt like I was unintentionally drifting away. The song made me evaluate where I stood.


2. Hosanna- Hillsong United
This song is an amazing worship song. I love it! It just makes me want to close my eyes and sing (off-key) out loud! Lol. It’s a plus that Brooke Fraser wrote the lyrics.

3. Invisible- Kierra KiKi Sheard
I like this song because it speaks about humbling yourself and letting the Lord shine through to be the star of the show. It’s not about us; but about Jesus.

4. Learning to Breath- Switchfoot
Do I seriously need to say why I love this song? It’s Switchfoot for one, and second the song has been a fav of mine for years. Its about learning how to do everything with Jesus; we are so used to it being about us but when you accept Him you have to learn how to do it all from scratch.

5. While I’m Waiting- John Waller
So I haven’t seen Fire Proof yet, but this song is AMAZING! How many of us can say while we are waiting on God we are still working, giving our all to Him? It’s an honest song; in the hard times, when we are happy or sad; we will still keep waiting on Him to reach that next level.

6. My Day- Canton Jones
I love this song! It’s like a declaration song to me. My favorite verse says: “I will not wait for anything to happen, I will take an action”. How cool is that!

7. On the Way- Elizabeth Hunnicutt
I found out about this artist from a fellow blogger http://thescottishwisdom.blogspot.com (The Scottish Wisdom). She has this folk/acoustic rock feel to her but she sounds like a young Twila Paris. The song talks about along the way (the walk in Christ) we are learning, we are taking each step, discovering ourselves along the way.

8. Rock What You Got- Superchick
Superchick Rocks! This song is a great feel good song that helps me become more energized on those days when I don’t want to get out of bed. It’s telling you to be yourself, and don’t change for anyone.

9. Give Me Your Eyes- Brandon Heath
This song is so cool. I love that it calls for us to be aware of others. If we had God’s eyes what would we see that we normally wouldn’t pay attention to?

10. Never Going Back to OK- The Afters
I got my cousin addicted to this song! It’s a feel good declaration song! We are never going back to OK; we are new, changed and everything will never be the same.


I hope you like the selection. Be blessed.