Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Don't Come Down

I have been told it gets harder before it gets easier. I never believed that until now. I am in the midst of a struggle and it seems to be the most difficult one I have faced. I remember hearing a sermon during my Church Convention that said "the devil knows what makes you tick, he knows how to get to you. Once you are able to overcome one temptation, he cranks it up and up until he thinks he can get you". That is how I feel now. One minute the thing that used to have a small effect on me no longer does and I can reject it without thinking twice; and the next I have to distract myself to stop dwelling on it. It feels like I am in constant battle with myself. Everytime I am tried, I remember what the S.En.S.E. council said to me. They told me that they can see the Lord using me, I am doing a good work and "DON'T COME DOWN". Whenever I hear this I think of the story of Nehemiah (Nehemiah 6) rebuilding the wall. He had people in his way that didn't want him to finish (Sanballat, Tobiah and Geshem) the work God had called him to do. When they approached him, he told them "I am doing a great work, so I cannot come down: why should the work cease, whilst I leave it, and come down to you?" (Nehemiah 6:3b). I am happy that I have that scripture to constantly remind me that when I am asked to come down I can tell my situation: "I am doing a great work, so I cannot come down".