Monday, February 23, 2009

I Think I'm Infected.................

I figured that I could fight this disease for a while: Coupleness. Sad thing is I am so serious! My best friends and cousin are trying to infect me. To make matters worst the guy that has a crush on me (and I on him) is finally saying more than two words at a time to me; he's infected too. This used to make the avoiding a relationship easy because he was too afraid to hold a conversation and when he did, he stuttered. Now he wants to talk.... a lot (talk about overnight boldness). I have been so comfortable with being single because I finally had time to hang out with my girlfriends (something I never did) and focus on ministry more. I actually got to a place where I just wanted me and God and I loved it, no guy need apply (lol). Then here he comes: Mr. Man after my own heart, fashion loving and trend following, God-fearing, italian/slim suit wearing, Starbucks drinking guy and throws a monkey wrench in my plans. Oh the humanity! I saw him Saturday and you know what he talks about? My favorite store: Zara! To make matters worst all my friends and cousins are in on it (remember I mentioned EVERYONE is in a relationship now)! They're trying to set us up. But I will fight to the death! I will wear my singleness like a proud badge of honor (lol)! I know I am overreacting but I remember all that's involved: the akward glances, conversation starters, meeting the parents, your friends trying to decode average conversations, etc, etc, etc. ( I love the King & I, lol). I can fight it but for how long? And also isn't the saying is that it comes when you least expect it? Darn it; if that's the case then I think I'm in trouble.