Friday, February 27, 2009

Where Do I Fit In?

I constantly ask myself that. I mean constantly; everyday when I arrive at work. I look at my situation (the fact thay I am working is a blessing) but I want to have a career not a job. So those questions always come up: "Where do I fit in? Where is it that God wants me to be? How will I know for sure?" I love design, not just design; I love creating dresses. The flow of the garment, the way it lands, hangs, sways, etc. I know in due time it will work out and I will know where I am supposed to be. I always draw reference to my key Bible verse from last year: Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) "For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." I picked the NIV version because it says it so plainly. God has plans for you and these plans aren't horrible ones. These are plans to give you hope, to make you prosper, to give you a future. This verse also works well with the situation we as a nation are facing now. With the stocks dropping, layoffs about to hit a million, a global economic recession; we can stand firm on the word of the Lord. Through everything, He will keep us, He won't harm us. We won't suffer or beg for food because the Lord of the heavens is our heavenly Father. He controls EVERYTHING; it doesn't get any better than that.