Tuesday, February 17, 2009

More Caffeine Please!

It's been a month since I had a cup of coffee. So today at work I got my big company cup and filled it to the brim with Starbucks Sumatra and had it with Reese's Peanut Buttercups, and sat in front of my computer and visited my favorite website: Wikipedia. My sisters at church tell me that I'm addicted to caffeine, but I totally disagree. I look at it as an appreciation for the drink. I can stop drinking if I wanted to, really I can. But I don't need to, and I don't want to. I can't wait to have a Starbucks Caramel Macchaito and CRUMBS vanilla with rainbow sprinkles cupcake. I want one so bad!
This morning on my way to work I was listening to Bethany Dillon's self titled debut album (2004). I love her sound! I appreciate all genres of music but lately I have been into acoustic and folk rock. She is such a on fire young woman of God. I had to remind myself that at the time she recorded this album she as only 14! You can hear in her songs that she really loves the Lord. I love all the songs on that album. I first discovered her last year because I was into Colbie Caillat's sound, so I asked the Lord to help me find a Christian artist with a similar acoustic/folk/pop sound. I found something better: Bethany Dillon. I listened to her "So Far: Acoustic Sessions" (2008) album and was hooked! She also has these two love songs called "When You Love Someone" and "For My Love". "For My Love" is on her debut album and its such a beautiful song. I kept playing that song over and over. It had me thinking, this is what love songs should sound like. Love is something that God created to be pure and to show His presence in that relationship. Why? Because God is love, so your relationship should be based on and in God. These days, love is often mistaken by lust. Relationships are built on sex, physical attraction, and what "feels good". But if we let God leads us, its this beautiful experience that starts out as a slow burn and becomes this beautiful passionate relationship as God has intended. Too deep? I think not. Maybe it's the lack of caffeine that has me like this, I think its time for my second cup.