Saturday, February 20, 2010

NYFW- Take 2

I'm happy Fashion Week is done only because the extra foot traffic was messing with my lesiure lunch walk. I will miss it since it will not be hosted at Bryant Park again (fighting tears). That being said I would like to recap the designers I liked so we can move on the London Fashion Week and then.....(wait for it) PARIS!!!!!!! So let's get down to the nitty-gritty shall we?

Suno F/W 2010
How would I describe Suno?  I would describe it as the wardrobe of your eccentric but fashionable aunt who went to Africa and came back. The colurs, prints and patterns are awesome and draw a lot of old school people to mind. The designer started in 2008 after many trips of collecting textiles from Kenya. I like the mixing of patterns and colours. I look forward to seeing more. This season collection makes me think of a vintage take mixed with Kenya.


Chris Benz F/W2010: Chris Benz is a genius with colour. He makes the most mundane thing look great with the right colour and fabric. For Fall 2010; Chris Benz uses mustards, burnt oranges, browns, etc. that make me think he drew his inspiartions from Fall itself. My must have item? His high waisted, burnt orange shimmer skirt.



Halston F/W 2010: I don't know how to explain my love affair with Halston. Ever since a little girl, I was surrounded by the Halston perfume, keep sake dresses, etc. As I have seen designers go in and out of the doors of Halston; I began to wonder: can Halston come back? I believe so. Halston is now under Marios Schwab, and I actually think it might work. I can't say he remained true to the brand but he did give it an update. I love, love the cream coloured one shoulder dress.



Rachel Roy F/W 2010:  I love, love, love Rachel Roy. She is an awesome designer. I feel that she hasn't been recognized in the business really. She is an awesome designer and I feel her moment will come. For Fall 2010, she used deep plums browns and blacks with laser cut outs on velvet. The collection makes me think of old school meets new age glamour (if that makes sense). The cuts of the clothes make me think of the 40's but the fabrics, colours, etc. makes me think of a new age vamp (in a good way). My must have piece: The dark brown ombre long sleeve knee-length dress. 


Tracy Reese F/W 2010: Another amazing designer that doesn't get enough credit. I love Tracy's dresses and girlie style. For Fall 2010, she does a girlie meet rocker look that makes me think Taylor Momsen would be at home in. Blacks, greys and deep browns meet with lace, tiers, ladies coats and bombers. My must have piece: the greyish blue strapless tier dress.
That's all for today. Tomorrow, I'll finish up on my picks for NYFW F/W2010.


 



image source:newyorkmagazine