Friday, May 8, 2009

You Give Me Something.....

If you haven't noticed a lot of my blog entries are titles to songs. I grew up in a family where music was always around us. My mother raised me on Contemporary Christian (Point of Grace, Steven Curtis Chapman, Amy Grant, etc, etc, etc) and Classical Music. As I got older, I branched out into Christian Rap (didn't last long), and ended up in the genre that I love now: Christian Rock & Worship. I also look at my past relationships and I noticed something as well: each relationship I was introduced to a genre or an artist. I remember one of my friends introduced me to James Morrison and Marie Digby (he wasn't Christian, lol). I fell in love with the song "You Give Me Something". I remember just listening to the song and identifying with that feeling. I love when that happens with Worship music. When you hear a song for the first time and you know exactly how they feel and what they are talking about. Like Lincoln Brewster "Lord I'm Amazed"; that song just puts chills through me. To know that its not just you that find the things that the Lord does that are amazing makes you realize how powerful and awesome He is.....sigh.... it's late, time for bed. Be blessed.