Monday, May 4, 2009

Suffer the Little Children

Yesterday was our Sunday School Program. We had the children deliver mini sermons about what they learned in Children’s Church. Going over their sermons beforehand was exhausting; imagine trying to have children from the ages 6-12 sit down and right their sermons without talking while you assign them topics. I assure you it was not an easy task but well worth it when you look at the outcome. I remember when I was their age; I was so afraid of just standing by myself let alone talking loud enough for people to hear me. I was a painfully shy, skinny bit of nothing. Just long arms and legs and a big head, lol. To see these kids step up and let the Lord use them for His glory is outright amazing! The one thing I love about working with children is that they are always so willing to do anything; especially in the house of the Lord. They would lead worship on Friday Nights, dance during service, they love to be free and experience the joy that God can only give. I think that’s pretty amazing.