Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Top 10 Fav Songs- May 2009

So this time I am actually going to list just 10. It will be difficult, but I think I can do it.

1. Let Go- Grey Holiday
I found Grey Holiday when I looked up their song from the Fireproof soundtrack. I think this song is so cool! It’s talking about asking God to give you the strength to let go of whatever, whoever, etc. We all have things we need to let go of but they admit it’s not easy in this song and they are asking for help.

2. Back to Indiana- The Elms
This song is so cool! I am on The Elms mailing list and downloaded this song as soon as I got to the email. It’s the classic formula that I love about them: old school rock! Can’t beat that.

3. Cartoons- Chris Rice
This song is sooo hilarious! I started listening to it because I wanted a song for the children in Children’s Church to sing it or listen to it. The concept is cute: how would the cartoon characters praise the Lord?

4. Yearn- Shane & Shane feat. Bethany Dillon
Let me tell you about this song. I was at this point where I wanted, no needed more but I didn’t know exactly how to express it. I was listening to Bethany Dillon on Youtube and I came across the live version with her singing the song. I played it over and over again. I want to get to that point where I yearn, burn, desire, and crave only the Lord.

5. Everything is Beautiful- Starfield
This song is cool. I used to listen to it occasionally on my cousins iPod and decided I should download the song for myself. I love it!

6. Thief- Brooke Fraser
I am honestly trying not to be a sickening romantic but I absolutely love this song. I am going to admit that I love Brooke Fraser Ligertwood’s songwriting but this song is so beautiful. It’s about the guy being the thief and breaking into her heart…..sigh.

7. I’ll Love You So- Above the Golden State
Now I am so surprised why I didn’t add this song before. I love this band! They remind me of The Beach Boys but updated, hotter and better yet: Christian. The song is saying that he will continue to love Him.

8. I’m Letting Go- Francesca Battistelli
She’s a new artist on my radar. I love her deep scratchy like voices. The song is what I needed to hear as I made the change into my new room. It is about letting go and letting God. I feel we don’t do it enough.

9. Open Skies- David Crowder Band
This song is rather old but it makes me feel so good whenever I hear it. I love this band; they make the worship experience an awesome one. I would love to go to one of their concerts.

10. Undo- Rush of Fools
This song is an honest expression of someone who realizes they are nothing without Jesus love and grace. We have to ask God everyday to constantly undo us and let Him work in our lives instead.

Be blessed.