Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm Having A Sigh Moment

So I have this routine every Sunday morning: I get up, get my outfit out, shower, watch Joel Osteen......and watch Persuasion (2007 version). I know, where does that fit in? It doesn't. It's just a calm show to have on with all the junk on TV these days especially on Sundays. But, I love the part when Captain Wentworth writes the letter to Anne and she runs to find him.....that's where the sigh comes in. His letter is amazing! "....You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. Tell me not that I am too late, that such precious feelings are gone for ever. I offer myself to you again with a heart even more your own than when you almost broke it, eight years and a half ago. ....I have loved none but you. Unjust I may have been, weak and resentful I have been, but never inconstant. You alone have brought me to Bath. For you alone, I think and plan.....I can hardly write... I must go, uncertain of my fate.... A word, a look, will be enough to decide whether I enter your father's house this evening or never." Do you see what I mean? ..Sigh... I will always love this letter.....sigh... I am done now, lol.