Monday, June 1, 2009

Perfetcing Holiness- Day 1

“Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God” 2 Corinthians 7:1.

For the next week, the youth at my church will be having our Youth Convention. Our theme this year is “Perfecting Holiness”. Looking at the theme and than taking a look at myself, I can’t help but wonder: “how can I perfect something that I totally suck at?” I am an honest person, and I will be the first to admit that everyday is a constant battle to just stay holy and pure in deeds (forget about thoughts, lol), and I feel the only way to be able to win that battle is to ask God constantly to renew your mind and thoughts. Everyday is a new day. We must constantly seek the Lord to keep us, the minute we don’t we leave ourselves open to the adversary.