Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My Top 10 Fav Songs- June 2009

Here we go; a couple of newbie’s made the list:

1. Danyew- Streetlights
Can I say I absolutely love him and it was right after I heard the song? I downloaded the song and never really had a chance to listen to it and then it played….the rest is history. It feels so good to listen to good music that also exalts the Lord.

2. Francesca Battistelli- Free To Be Me
I found this song on one of my Youth member’s iPod. I loved it, I like the fact that she is saying because He died, and she is free to be who she is. In Christ there is liberty and nothing beats Christ.

3. Grey Holiday- You Belong to Me
I personally like this song. This song speaks to the Prodigal Son in all of us. We run from God and He’s just patiently waiting for us to come back home. I am so upset that they disbanded. Argh!


4. Stacie Orrico- I Could Be the One
This is an oldie but goody! I was playing her album in my room and kept playing this song over and over. In this song she is saying that she could be the one that God uses; she isn’t thinking that she’s nothing. If God can use a donkey he can definitely use us.

5. DC Talk- Godsend
The first Christian love song I fell in love with. To call someone your Godsend, the person God especially sent apart for you sounds so much better then a soul mate. I remember the first time I heard this song I literally put my hand on my heart and started to swoon, lol. I love this song.

6. Audio Adrenaline- Ocean Floor
This song is definitely one of those songs that make you want to cry. This song talks about how our sins, wrong doings etc. are forgiven and at the bottom of the ocean floor. I am so happy for Grace. God is so good!

7. Point of Grace- How You Live (Turn Up the Music)
I used to play this song when my grandmother first past. She was a beautiful and amazing woman. It’s been a year this month, but it still feels like yesterday. The song tells you to live each day to the fullest because it doesn’t matter who your friends were but how you lived your life.

8. Bethany Dillon- Holy Is the Lord
I love worship songs by other genres. This song is so beautiful! Our Lord is so amazing and He requires so much from us but no matter what He is still holy.

9. Jennifer Knapp- Say Won’t You Say
This is another oldie. I will always like this song; it has the ability to always stick in my head.

10. The Elms- Hey, Hey
This was the first Elms song I ever heard. I was on the WOW mix. I wanted to know more about them because I liked their style, and I still do.

I hope you liked my selection. Next month will have a lot of new artists.