Monday, March 8, 2010

2010 Oscar Red Carpet Fashion

I love the Oscars. Not because of who wins (I rarely agree with their choices ever since Joaquin Phoenix lost for his role in Gladiator.....long story) but because of the red carpet. Its the time when they pull out the good stuff or they make want to throw them back into the closet. So, without further ado....my list:

The Women:

1. Sandra Bullock in Marchesa- I have to say she looked absolutely stunning. I hope that she doesn't go the route of Tom Hanks and other comedians ahead of her after her Oscar win. I hope she still continues to do comedies as well as dramas.

2. Carey Mulligan in Prada- I feel she has some hits and misses but this dress is definitely a hit. Her cute crop and the cut of the dress makes her look amazing.

3. Miley Cyrus in Jenny Packham- Finally! She isn't trying too hard and she looks amazing. The dress is sexy without being too much and its still classy. Keep it up Ms. Cyrus.















4. Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel Haute Couture- I love this look on Sarah Jessica. It looks very Carrie. She still has it.

5. Sigourney Weaver in Lanvin- Sigourney looks amazing! The dress looks like it was made for her. The colour, the cut, it all compliments her and makes her stand out in the crowd.

6. Diane Kruger in Chanel Haute Couture- Diane never ceases to amaze me. She is a fashion dare devil and it always pays off for her. She looked stunning and she didn't have to put much effort into it.

7. Rachel McAdams in Elie Saab Haute Couture- Rachel is a true beauty. She looked elegant in her dress that seemed to just match her refined look. She wasn't over done or demanding attention but she stood out anyway.

8. Nicole Richie in Reem Acra- Can I say this was on of my favorite dresses of the night? Nicole looked beautiful and elegant; and yet it looked like a little rocker was blended in: rocker couture, lol.

9. Zoe Saldana in Givenchy- This was a VERY, VERY daring choice but I liked it on her. She put it on and wore it like she owned it; and that takes guts. It was a little too out there for my tastes but she did her thing and did it well.

10. Demi Moore in Atelier Versace- Versace seems to be a staple at the Oscars. Someone always shows up in Versace and this year was no different. Demi looked amazing, she didn't look like she was trying to be young and she didn't look old either. She showed she clearly still has it. 40 is definitely the new 20 in her case. The colour made her glow, and she looked like a goddess.

11. Cameron Diaz in Oscar de la Renta- Cameron never seems to disappoint me, she always wears the dress that only she can make look amazing. The dress, her hair and make-up makes her look surreal. She is so stunning and the dress is in a league of its own.

12. Penelope Cruz in Donna Karan- Penelope will probably always make my list. She is stunning, has curves and always wears gowns that just make you want to stop and stare. She looks beautiful and the cut as well as the colour flatters her.

13. Kristen Stewart in Monique L'Huillier- Stop the presses! Kristen looks amazing! She actually looked like she put in some effort into what she was goign to wear and how she would look. The dress was an awesome choice; the fit and cut made her look like she has curves and the colour still allows her to look gothic (lol).

14. Amanda Seyfried in Armani Prive- This was actually a daring dress for her complexion and age. She managed to pull it off effortlessly. Jennifer Lopez also wore a similar dress from the same collection (I won't comment on that)  but I liked Amanda's better. The dress is cut in a way that you have to have the right amount of curves to pull it off; too much will draw attention to the dress, and the curves in a bad way. That being said, the dress just worked for Amanda and she worked for the dress.




Now Onto the Men.......


1. Tom Ford in Tom Ford-.....Sigh.....where do I begin with him? He looks amzing, the suit looks like it was something he was born with it on; I could go on and on but Tom Ford knows his suits and he knows he looks good in them too.

2. Zac Efron in Calvin Klein Collection- Zac is quickly moving up the "It List" of the men to dress. He has the look, the body and the potential. He looks good, real good (lol).

3. Jake Gyllenhall in Burberry- I have a thing for rugged men in a nice cut suit and Jake fits the bill. The suit fits him just right, I also love the white pocket square. Not too shabby.
4. Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin in Tom Ford- I love these guys. They are absolutely hilarious! I love 30 Rock and of course I love Steve Martin. They also looked very distinguished in their Tom Ford attire.
5. Ryan Reynolds in Tom Ford- Tom Ford seems to be the go to guy in suits this award season. Ryan Reynolds looks great in any suit and Tom Ford is no exceptional. He looks.....let me behave myself, lol. Let's just say Scarlett is a lucky lady.
That's all for now. I will post my picks for after party outfits tomorrow. Be blessed.



images: style.com