Sunday, August 30, 2009

That Still, Soft Voice

I think it’s hilarious when I hear people say that God doesn’t speak to them? When I asked them what they mean they literally mean they don’t hear God speak to them. I have learned that God speaks to us: through nature, our conscience and His word. He’s that still soft voice that encourages us, disciplines us, and keeps us alert. I have learned personally that God can speak to you in so many ways and using so many things. He could use a friend, stranger, or even a minister; He could use the clouds, tress, our dreams, anything. So when we say “speak to my heart Lord” make sure you are really listening and not expecting a big booming voice from heaven and the clouds opening up (believe me, I heard it all). I hope that this encourages someone. Be blessed.