Thursday, August 6, 2009

Leaving a Legacy

I remember reading Our Daily Bread and it mentioned leaving a legacy. I wonder what I will be remembered for? I hope that I will be like my church mother: Mother Goddard. She was an on fire, loving, sweet and praying woman of God. It was a blessing to know her and to know she prayed for me and my family. When she passed I cried because I knew I would never hear her voice or have to tell her no as she tried to give me money like she did when I was younger, lol. Whenever I think about her now, I can’t help but smile. I want people to be able to do that when I am gone. I want them to say that I encouraged them and prayed for them when they didn’t think or feel like anyone was there; I was the one that reminded them how great God is. I want to be someone who lived a life for Christ. What do you want your legacy to be?