Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Top 10 Fav Songs- September 2009

My Song List this month has a lot of new faces. I think that it’s because of Elevate. I think that this is it:

1. Ayeisha Woods- Love Like This
I have just discovered Ms. Woods and I absolutely love her! Her R&B sounds and amazing lyrics have put her on my new favs list!

2. Britt Nicole- Set the World On Fire
The song talks about asking the Lord to use her to make such a difference in the world that they world gets set on fire! How awesome is that? To be used by God in such a mighty and awesome why. If God uses me to set one person on fire, I am grateful and truly humble because He saw it fit to use me; but the world? Wow. That is an amazing request.


3. Barlow Girl- I Need You to Love Me
This is an oldie but goodie. I love the honest expression of the song. It makes me think.

4. Israel & New Breed- To Worship You I Live (Away)
An amazing worsip song! I want to praise dance to this asap! It is so beautiful and so true. We were created to seek that closer relationship with God and to worship Him in spirit and in truth.

5. Hillsong United- Lead Me to the Cross
OMGosh! I love this song! We sang it at Elevate and it was such an amazing experience. I really love the chorus: "Lead me to the cross, where Your love poured out. Bring me to my knees, Lord I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to You. So lead me, lead me to the cross." Absolutely amazing!

6. JoAnn Rosario- When I Enter Your Rest
I first heard this song at a concert in the acoustic, bilingual version. It was lovely. So after tracking down the song and playing it until I learned every word. It reminds me of a psalm. When we enter His rest; every hurt, pain, sadness disappears. We become strong because we are suroounded by Him.

7. Michael W. Smith- All In The Serve
This song is so old! Lol. It's from a movie that came out awhile ago called "Second Chance". I was so happy when I found this song. It's catchy, uplifting and still speaks to the Lord. Its about having the Lord work on us and in us until what we do is for Him and its only about serving.

8. The Letter Black- Hanging On By A Thread
NEW BAND ALERT! This band is fronted by a lady (love it!), and they are on my "Going to hear more from" list. The band is straight rock, which I happen to love and the led vocals make it even better. The song talks about needing to be saved because they're hanging by a thread. I know I have been there and I definitely can relate.

9. Toby Mac- I’m For You
I love Toby Mac. It's not because he's 1/3 of my favorite band EVER (DC Talk) but because he offers the music that makes your feel good and still uplifts Christ. His music isn't compromised but still gets the message across. This song is tying as my favorite Toby Mac song (Made to Love is my all-time fav); the lyrics, music, etc. is awesome.

10. David Crowder Band- How He Loves
This song is off of the bands new album "Church Music". The song makes me think back to the old worship experience that used to be brought on by the hymns. That music can make me feel like I'm talking straigh from my heart. This song reminds us of how God loves us and How awesome and strong His love is for us.


I hope you guys like my selection. Be blessed.