Sunday, November 7, 2010

What I Bought Yesterday.....

Yesterday I was actually able to get a little shopping in for work. I don't know how long its been but I have reached this conclusion: I ABSOLUTELY HATE MALLS! Now that I got that out of my system, let me share with you the basic pieces I bought add to my new work wardrobe:

Fletcher by Lyell Pleated Pant- Urban Outfitters. I love the old school 1940's high fashion feel I had when I tried them on. They made me think of Katharine Hepburn and Lauren Bacall.

Kimchi Blue T-Strap Platform Shoes- Urban Outfitters. I love, love, love shoes that make me think of pinups. The heel and the straps are so adorable and yet they are kind of sexy.

Ruffle Dress- H&M.I bought the dress in black. I realize I don't really have any really cute dresses in  my wardrobe. I love the dress in black and it didn't hurt that it was only $14.95!!!!
Tulip Skirt- Macy's. I am not a department store person but I really needed a black skirt so I decided to try Macy's. I found one after spending too much time trying to figure out where the skirts were. SMH.

All in all, even though I am not a mall person (I would love to just spend my day in boutiques or in vintage shops) I needed a few basics and you can't go wrong in a mall if you are looking for basics. Next week, I am definitely going to some vintage shops. I love old school clothing!!!



images source: urbanoutfitters.com; whatiamloving.blogspot.com; kaboodle.com