Monday, November 1, 2010

What I'm Listening To: Brooke Fraser- Flags

Ok.....So, I will be seeing Mrs. Brooke Fraser (Ligertwood) in concert live on November 19, 2010 at The Highline Ballroom with my sister and cousin. I can not tell you how excited I am. The last time I saw someone perform live was Adele (also at The Highline Ballroom) when she was an unknown and I have been addicted to her music since. It's an amazing experience hearing someone live. It's a raw, unfiltered performance that will either have you loving the artist or hating them in the end. So, that being said; I have a digital download of Brooke's newest album Flags. I'm speechless! Maybe I'm bias (whatever) but I didn't think she would be able to top Albertine but I guess I was wrong. I can't even review it. All I can say is go out and get a copy; she sings about different people and situations and it's so vivid that you see the picture she is painting for you.......SMH. I have nothing more to say. I just can't wait until the 19th.
image source: brookefraser.com