Thursday, November 11, 2010

I Am Not My Hair......I Am Not My Hair.........I Am Not My Hair.............

I found myself saying that over and over recently. It's been something I have been trying to avoid, but since I cut my hair off you can't really avoid a topic like that. Lol. I decided a couple of days before my birthday that I shouldn't have to try so hard, I should be me and make no apologies for it. I love dressing up, make-up, fashion etc. but I wanted to start wearing my hair natural. It was too much work keep my hair short and straight at the same time.....so a couple of days before my birthday I walked into my cousins' barber and told him to cut my pixie off.....it has taken me awhile to get used to it, but there's a freedom in having my hair cut off and natural. I can't wait until it starts to grow out. I'm still me (in love with fashion gowns, 1940's, Jane Austen, Katharine Hepburn, etc.) but I have grown into me.....if that makes sense. I think that when we try to fit into a mold of a type that has been accepted for years, we lose ourselves. I just want to me, and wake up every morning with no regrets but new plans because I lived my old ones yesterday. I want to look into the mirror and be grateful that God has made me this way instead of trying to find new ways to change myself so I can blend in more.....Sure, I stand out ( you can't miss the girl with the honey blond buzz cut, lol) but I now I make no apologies for it....Be blessed.