Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Season.....New Look

I have been mourning the death of Bryant Park Fashion Week and decided not to drool too much over Fashion Week. This change will take time to get used to. There actually has been so many changes in my life and my decision to go back to school next year to get a Bachelor's in Fashion Design has me rethinking what would I really like? I have taken the back route with so many things lately and it's gotten me nowhere. It's time to be me and make no excuses. I was made this way by God for a reason. So let me share what I would like to do/wear for Fall. My overall look would be called a Bohemian Rocker with a little glam and occasional pinup thrown in. I know, that sounds absolutely crazy but it will work.

Hair: Golden Blonde. I have been doing jet black now and my brown roots grow in and totally kill the look, lol. So now that the sun won't be able to lightening by hair as it always does I decided to crop it again (a little shorter at the top and sides) and colour it blonde. I know it will shock people because its so much lighter than my black colour now, but do I care what they have to say? Lol.

Makeup: I really just do powder/foundation to control to oil eruption on my face, lol. But I love colour eye liner: dark purple, navy blue, forest green, etc. I am considering actually getting black eye liner! I really want to try a dark brown eyeliner/smoky eye look or a dark grey. I don't want to do the traditional black. I also curious about kohl liner as well.

Nails: Dark Grey. I always wear black or navy and I have dabbled with Tart Deco fron Essie (a beautiful coral colour). I like YSL Stormy Grey...not too dark....not too light.
















Outerwear: I WANT sooo badly a fitted black leather jacket, and a sherpa jacket. My go to item will be my aunt's vintage equestrian jacket (I love it!!!).


Shoes: I love, love, love pumps with a little hardware. Of course I would need flats, I like the oxfords and they would go great with my whole knee/thigh highs and tights look.



















Pants/Skirts: Of course I'm sticking with my slim/skinny pants. They're the most flattering cut so far. I love high waisted full skirts so I will be trying to trackthose down and a couple of maxi skirts would be awesome!

Tops: It's open really. I'm still trying to figure out how to work with my new curvy figure. I love tunics but I'm trying to incorporate more fitted blouses. I want to layer this season.

Extras: I want thigh/knee highs and pattern stockings. I also want to wear brooches with everything!!! Lol, well not everything.

Accesories: I want a couple more marcacite rings and I can never have too much jewerly. I really want a new Nixon watch. I want an all Black one and an all gold one. There's an all gold one called The Ivy. I have it in silver with a blue face and get compliments all the time. There's also a bag from Kate Spade I NEED TO HAVE: The Darien Gloss Joyce Bag in Gray.






That's pretty much it! Lol.


image sources: eva-antm411.wordpress; YSL Nail Polish- Bazaar.com; H&M Jacket- designscene.net; Dolce Vita Pumps-poshposh.com; J.Crew Brooches & Knee/Thigh Highs-nitrolicious.com; Darien Bag- katespade.com Nixon Watch-nixon.com