Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Pin Me Up, Pin Me Down

So.......Since I stopped modeling I have gained weight. Good weight, not bad. My stats now make me an official Coca-Cola Bottle figure. I love it! I grew up raised around women and a society that when you hit a certain age you start to look like a women and not a girl anymore. So, I embrace the curves (praise God!) and make no complaints. I am sooo looking forward to dressing like a Pin-Up. I love the way they looked. They were beautiful drawings of WOMEN! The funny thing is that all my friends know I love that style and era. They see a calendar or movie with Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Sophia Loren etc.
I get a call, text or they just buy it for me telling me that I popped into their mind when they saw it, lol. I loved the fact of how the women looked, dressed and carried themselves in that era. They were beautiful, sensual not sexual and in-your-face raunchy women. Not women who looked like girls (or on some cases boys), they were women with curves, makeup, heels, beautiful clothing, etc. I can't pick a favorite pin-up artists; they were all so talented: Vargas, Ballantye, Elvgren, etc.... I like old fashion classy pics. Anywho, I am so wearing a vintage style dress for my next event (another Birthday celebration maybe??). Speaking of Pin- up fashion: I love the new trends for Fall: Prada, and Louis Vuitton answered my cry! I like to look like a woman; is that wrong? I don't want to expose myself to the world but at least feel feminine when I get dressed......I'm done fuming. So shout out to the new age Pin-ups (the women who won't give up their curves for a career): Christina Hendricks (LOVE HER), Kim Kardashian (Don't care if it's real or not), Gemma Arterton, Alice Eve, Hayley Atwell, Katy Perry, Adriana Lima, Scarlett Johansson (All-time fav), and Monica Belluci (classic).
  Have a blessed day.

image source: pinupart.it