Wednesday, March 2, 2011

2 Months Natural

I really didn't want to do this post. Mainly because I have been in a serious like/dislike relationship with my hair. After I posted the hair products I use; I did a complete 180. I decided to use only natural products......let me tell you, it has not been fun. I have been trying to figure out what works and what doesn't so it has been....interesting. That being said, I love the fact that my golden brown colour is starting to show at the roots (I miss my natural hair colour), and I dislike how my hair looks horrible when its lacking moisture. These two pics are from the retreat in the Poconos. It was cold and dry; which I forgot that I was supposed to take special care of my hair (smh, I walked with no shampoo or conditioner so it looked bad).






The products that I'm currently using, or trying to use:
Shampoo:
  • Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Shampoo: (Say that 3x fast, lol). Jury is still out on this. I do like it, but I don't shampoo that much so I'm not sure yet.
  • Carol's Daughter Herbal Shampoo: So far, so good.
Conditioner:
  • Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner
  • Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Smoothie
Deep Conditioners/Treatments:
  • Bramhi Herbal Powder w/ Olive Oil
  • Bentonite Clay Hair Mask
  • ACV (Apple Cider Vingear) Wash
Hair Dress:
  • Shea Moisture Curl Enchancing Smoothie: I love how thick it is!
  • Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Strengthening Elixir: I use it every morning.
  • Jane Carter Nourish and Shine: It is really thick; I don't use it too much because the smell worries me. Its really strong!
  • Jane Carter Scalp Nourishing Serum: I apply it to my sides, I'm not sure about it wokring yet.
  • Lush R&B (Revive & Balance) Hair Moisturizer: Smells a little weird but gives my hair the well deserved moisture it needs.
  • Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey: This is my go to hair grease.
Oils:
  • Coconut Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Jamaican Castor Oil
Etc:
  • Curls Passion Fruit Control Paste: OMGosh!! This product is highly addictive! I absolutely love it. At first I was a little put off by the product (because at first it looks grey on your hair) but after you rub it in, the definition looks amazing. Con: too much product means more shampoo than cowashes.
  • Carol's Daughter Hair Milk: I just started to use it, but I like it so far.
  • Carol's Daughter Tui Leave-In Conditioner: It came as a trio set with the shampoo and conditioner. I love the way it smells!



What I'm Learning:
  • Shrinkage, Shrinkage, Shrinkage!!!!!
  • My hair is chronically dry! (I hope that's a word, lol)
  • I have coils and very few curls.
  • Moisture is key for curl defintion (otherwise the coils/curls/kinks look like mini-dreads!)
  • Brahmi is addictive (It defines my curls)
  • ACV (Apple Cider Vingear) Wash makes my hair more manageable.
  • I have to wash, condition, treat and detangle once a week because I like to use product daily.
I can't really review any of the products too much yet because I just started using most of them this past month. By month 3, I will give you my feedback for sure. Be blessed.