Monday, February 28, 2011

What I'm Listening To: Carolina Liar- Show Me What I'm Looking For

It's been awhile; I know. I have been in the Poconos this past weekend with an amazing set of people (I'll talk about it more in the next post), but I want to share this song and band with you guys. I was on Pandora (God bless the person(s) who thought this up) and came across this band called Carolina Liar. As soon as the first verse and chorus played, I was seriously hooked. The song is called "Show Me What I'm Looking For". I can't begin to explain how this song was speaking to my situation at that very moment. The funny things is the band isn't a "Christian band" but the lyrics speak volumes. I posted the first and second verse as well as the chorus below:


"Wait, I'm wrong
Should have done better than this
Please, I'll be strong
I'm finding it hard to resist
So show me what I'm looking for

Save me, I'm lost
Oh Lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh Lord

Don't let go
I've wanted this far too long
Mistakes become regrets
I've learned to love abuse
Please show me what I'm looking for"

I know.....awesome. I hope if not the song doesn't encourage someone that the words will. Be blessed.

image source: mattlewismusic.com