Monday, September 12, 2011

Going Through the Motions & Giving My All

This might hurt, it's not safe
But I know that I've gotta make a change
I don't care if I break,
At least I'll be feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

No regrets, not this time
I'm gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love make me whole
I think I'm finally feeling something
'Cause just okay is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of this life

'Cause I don't wanna go through the motions

I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way ('cause I don't wanna go through the motions)
take me all the way (I know I'm finally feeling something real)
take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"
I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
"What if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

take me all the way (take me all the way)
take me all the way (I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go)
take me all the way (through the motions)
take me all the way

I don't wanna go through the motions

This song has been heavily on my mind today. This Thursday, my sister and I will leave to go on a retreat in Upstate New York. It isn't like those Youth retreats I usually go on; this will be a life changing, higher level in Christ, leaving a totally different way retreat. I'm excited and at the same time I'm nervous. The bible verses I've come across lately are all about giving my all:

"And he answered, 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

"You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

"And if you will indeed obey my commandments that I command you today, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 11:13

"Only fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24


What does giving your all look like these days? And how do we make sure we're not going through the motions just so people won't know or suspect something is wrong? I don't know about you, but I desire a higher level in Christ. Let me rephrase that: I don't desire a higher level, I NEED a higher level. I can't go on in this society and in this time with a lackluster anointing. I need to be empowered, recharged, I need that coming from the mountain glowing because I had a serious encounter with God experience. The one that doesn't fade a week after but leaves me hungry and thirsty for more of Him. I have been asking God to show me how to live a life that is totally surrendered to Him; not just feel the way people say I should be feel a total and complete change....I feel He will have an answer for me on the retreat. Be blessed.