Friday, October 1, 2010

Random Musing: My Quarterlife Crisis

Lately I have been dreading awakening and starting my day. It's the same routine: work, home or work, church. No variations, nothing exciting and interesting. I don't compare my life to others; I just think about where I could be if I buckle down and get serious.  Even working on my portfolio for design school has been a nightmare. I have no inspiration! After praying and thinking things over I realized what my problem is: I'm having a Quarterlife Crisis. I'm 25 years old (will be 26 in 1 month), I have a job but not a career, I'm single with friends who are all either married or engaged and I don't do anything for fun anymore. So, I am determined to make changes for the better. I'm trying to figure out what to do to get some inspiration for my portfolio asap since the deadline for early admission is in one month, I am trying to learn more about myself and what truly makes me happy, sad, etc. and I'm opening up my circle of friends. Most importantly, I'm working on my relationship with the Lord. I will know more about myself once I know more about Him. It's so funny how once I start to feel disconnected from Him, I start to feel disconnected from myself. It's like a relationship; when you haven't seen your boyfriend/girlfriend in a while you feel it. I want my next year to be blessed and led completely by God........be blessed.