Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Top 10 Fav Songs- September

I know I haven't done this in awhile but I have so much new music on my playlist. Here goes:




1. Something in the Water- Brooke Fraser

1st song off of Brooke Fraser's new album entitled "Flags" coming out this month. The song sounds like bluegrass. I love how happy and fun it is. I can't wait to here to whole album. FYI: I will be seeing her in concert with my sister and cousin November 19 at the Highline Ballroom. So excited!!



2. Change in the Making- Addison Road

I love this song. It feels like it was written for me. I love the whole concept that I'm still under construction and God is still working on me. The work is not done.



3. Church Music (Dance!)- David Crowder Band

I love to dance! This song is a feel good, Christian song which is kind of rare. To just dance and not have to worry about the message behind the music is an amazing feeling. One of the best songs I have heard all year.



4. You'll Come- Hillsong United

Do I really need to explain why Hillsong United is on my list? Lol. They remind me of the Maranatha singers when I was younger that my mom used to play on Saturdays while we did our weekend chores. I love their worship music.



5. Needtobreathe- Hurricane

New love alert: I am becoming a needtobreathe fan. I love their mix of southern and rock. This song is just one of those songs that you love but you don't really have an explanation for it.



6. One Shot- Newsboys

Ok............The new Newsboys will never be the old Newsboys or DC Talk. But if DC Talk and Newsboys would have a baby this would be the offspring. The music is awesome. It makes me think of Tait but edgier.



7. Divine Romance- Phil Wickham

Sigh....This song.......There are no words to explain who beautiful this song is. It's a love song to God; but a truly amazing love song that just makes you want to hold your heart when you hear it.



8. Psalm 13- Shane & Shane

This song is one of the songs that we are praise dancing to. The Psalm is a powerful and awesome one. To be in distressed situation and say that you will continue to wait on the Lord shows so much faith in who God is. I hope that I can convey it in dance later this month.



9. Light Up the Sky- The Afters

New song from The Afters!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SONG! I played it over and over and over again on my phone. I would love to ask the songwriter what made him write the song. It makes me think of One Republic's sound (in a good way).



10. Hands- The Almost

I received a sampler from Tooth and Nail records and this was one of the songs I play every Sunday as I get ready for church. The music, lyrics and feel of the song is awesome. I am definitely interested in getting their album.



11. Never Look Away- The Museum

Also on the Tooth and Nail summer sampler. I love their sound. I am still waiting to hear more from them before I know for sure.



12. Clinging to the Cross- Tim Hughes & Brooke Fraser

It’s such a calm worship song that just speaks volumes in the words. "Simply to the cross I cling/ letting go of all earthly things..." Sometimes you don't need to much music to let the Lord know what you are trying to tell Him.





I am going to try and be consistent with my playlist in the future.



Be blessed.